I started my day in sunny and warm Corpus Christi, Texas and I am ending my day in snowy Breckenridge, Colorado.The journey was a fun and beautiful one! Flying into Denver, Colorado I could see the mountain peaks covered in snow with sunshine gleaming off as though it was stars twinkling in the night sky. As we landed I became more and more excited. I had been to Colorado years ago and there was not much snow on the ground but I had never been to Breckenridge and so my excitement grew as the plane touched down.
The drive from Denver to Breckenridge is filled with tall green trees, surrounded by mountains, and of course there is snow everywhere. We even drove through two tunnels, under the gorgeous mountains to get here. This scenery reminded me of how beautiful nature really is and how lucky we are to have so many great pieces. The environment is very different from Corpus. We are more than 9,500 ft. above sea level and the oxygen is not what I am used to. Still we spent the day sledding on the snow and exploring our surroundings. The log cabin we are staying in has a wonderful view from any room. Snow is to be found everywhere! There is 8 feet of snow on the ground and the hardest snow month (March) isn't even here yet! We were adventurous all afternoon walking, crawling, and sometimes rolling to make our way through different paths in the snow. Watching the snow flakes fall from the sky is amazing. Then while you are looking up in the sky you see icicles more than 4 feet long hanging from the roof tops. The exploration of the area was magnificent. We played in the snow, making snow balls and snow angels of course. Then out of no where a cute little black doggy came leaping over like a bunny rabbit to say hello and play. When we finally made it to the back yard we uncovered a teather ball poll buried in the snow along with a swing in which we dug up to take pictures on. All in all the day was just wonderful and truly breathtaking. This is just the beginning of our 5 day ski trip and I await impatiently for the memories we are going to make. That's all for now from Breckenridge.... Imagine me without you!
The description you give of Breckenridge sounds incredible. I can only imagine what the next few days will be like for you. Have fun!
ReplyDeleteI also enjoyed your descriptions of Breckenridge and I am glad that you are enjoying it. Something about nature can always bring out the child in people (in a good way, of course!).
ReplyDelete